Entrada, Eco Drake or Drake II?

Users who are viewing this thread

AP1

Reaction score
First, thanks to everyone who responded to my first post on this forum. I'm grateful for your knowledge and insights. I've been super impressed by this forum since I started considering Toto toilets a couple years ago. You folks are amazing!

Second, I've decided to get a Toto, but I'm having a tough time deciding between the Entrada, Eco Drake and Drake II.

If you want to direct me to another post that addresses my issue, that's totally fine. Otherwise, read on...

I want a tall/universal/ADA height, elongated bowl, 1.28 GPF, and a clean/traditional design. All three of the models provide that (depending on what options you get). I also want a toilet that reliably flushes solids, cleans the bowl well, has a fairly large water surface area and is reasonably quiet.

Here are my current observations:
  • I love the lower price of the Entrada. I feel confident in its flushing design, since I've read it's the same as the Eco Drake (the model we have at work). Aesthetically, I'm not quite comfortable with the narrow tank design -- no wider than the bowl. It's a funny thing -- I'm so used to the "normal" tank size on all the toilets I've used through my life, the one on the Entrada looks odd to me. That said, I wonder if it's the look of the future, since tanks just don't have to be so large for 1.28 or less GPF. Will I feel any different about the look after I have the Entrada for a couple months? Will it be like looking back at the first "portable" phones (that look huge now) compared to the small size of cell phones today?
  • The Eco Drake seems like a safe choice. Tried and true. It works great. It looks good. However, it's over $100 more (street price) than the Entrada. I don't mind paying more when I get more. However, I'm not sure I get that much more with an Eco Drake, other than a more traditional look.
  • The Drake II seems too expensive for my needs. While the double cyclone flushing method is intriguing, I'm not sure it's that much better than the Entrada or Eco Drake. Same goes for CEFIONTECT. Is the Drake II that much better than either of the other two?
I'm the kind of person who gets "decision anxiety" when having to choose between items. That anxiety goes up when it's a product I'll use every day and can't return it after I buy it.

I look forward to your help.

For reference, I do live in the Seattle area. I would seriously consider buying the toilet and supplies from Terry (wink).

Reaction score
The Entrada does not have a glazed trap but the Eco Drake and Drake II do. Some comments I have seen suggest that an unglazed trap will gradually develop a build up which could affect flushing. One plumber said he reaches up inside there when his customers buy a toilet and if it is unglazed he tells them to choose another toilet. The only thing stopping me from considering buying the Entrada would be if the unglazed trap is really an issue. I do prefer the bowl on the Drake vs the Entrada though.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Entrada does not have a glazed trap but the Eco Drake and Drake II do.

Most trapways have some type of glaze on them. Though I find that the trapways with lot's of glaze tend to collect more. Stuff tends to stick to them. A rough trapway allows water underneath, and it tends to allow the water to brush off paper. What is much more important, is the flow of the trapway. We have never had an issue with any TOTO trapways, so if somehow you can find a deciding factor there, go for it.
We have sold, installed and serviced thousands and haven't seen the issue you are writing about.

Wallijonn

Reaction score
How much room do you have around the toilet? The Drake is about 19.5"w and the Entrada is 14.375". The Drake is 30.5" tall, the Entrada is 30" tall. The Drake will be at least 1.125" from the wall and the Entrada 0.75" from the wall. There's a little leeway with the closet bolts, but even then, one of my Drakes is about 1.5" from the wall and the other is about 2.5" from the wall.

As far as cleaning the bowl goes, newer bowls don't clean as well as the water hog toilets, so you may have to take a brush and dishwashing detergent to it once a week or once a month.

Reaction score
I went to another Toto dealer today whose website listed the models on the showroom floor and it did not say Entrada but there was one on display. The bowl on the Entrada and Drake look the same to me. I asked for prices on both and the guy recommended the Drake because he said the tank is bigger and it holds more water so it gives a better flush. I would think in theory more water pushing down would increase the flush in a gravity system but that is probably splitting hairs. Either one will work for me. Just have to time it with the remodel now. They had good pricing.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I went to another Toto dealer today whose website listed the models on the showroom floor and it did not say Entrada but there was one on display. The bowl on the Entrada and Drake look the same to me. I asked for prices on both and the guy recommended the Drake because he said the tank is bigger and it holds more water so it gives a better flush. I would think in theory more water pushing down would increase the flush in a gravity system but that is probably splitting hairs. Either one will work for me. Just have to time it with the remodel now. They had good pricing.

Unlike a showroom, we install and service these bad boys.
It makes me smile when I hear that people are just making up yarns about this stuff.
The Entrada gets 1000 on the MaP testing. How does your showroom guy get off saying that isn't awesome?

That being said, all of the TOTO product I'm installing is doing the job. You may want to overthink it, but there is no need to. Pick a style of TOTO, install and then forget about it. It's that easy. :)

Rmk9785e

Reaction score
I was so close to buying a Toto Drake II CST454CEFG#01 and then I see this Toto E-Max Entrada for much less. Now I am confused. What would I give up in going for this lower cost model? Please help this uninitiated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I was so close to buying a Toto Drake II CST454CEFG#01 and then I see this Toto E-Max Entrada for much less. Now I am confused. What would I give up in going for this lower cost model? Please help this uninitiated.

The Drake II comes with CEFIONTECT and double cyclone rinse. It's one of my favorites.
But yes, the Entrada is a real bargain. We've been installing quite a few lately.

Rmk9785e

Reaction score
Thank you so very much. I wish we were living in your service area. Bothell, Washington residents are fortunate to have a great resource so accessible.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks