Elkay e-granite composite sink - cleaning

Users who are viewing this thread

txlandlord

Reaction score
Website
www.brotherscustomworks.com
I am a custom home builder, and our client selected an Elkay 3322 Harmony Kitchen Sink – Mocha composite (aka granite) sink.

The home is on a private well, with water softener, and reverse osmosis filter at the Kitchen location of the subject sink.

We are constantly getting water spots large and small - appearing at white haze on the Mocha (chocolate brown).

Elkay Website - Cleaning Instructions:

e-granite™ • Most dirt and stains: Wipe with a damp cotton cloth/sponge and soapy water. Towel dry with a cotton cloth. It is recommended that you clean your sink prior to first use. • Stubborn stains and water marks: Wipe with a Mr. Clean® Magic Eraser® and either water or a 50/50 white vinegar and water solution. Towel dry with a cotton cloth. • Difficult stains: Use a 3M Scotch-Brite™ Heavy Duty Scour Pad with either water, 50/50 white vinegar/water solution or non-abrasive cleaner. Start cleaning in a a circular motion with constant pressure over the area of the stain, rinse thoroughly with water and dry with a cotton cloth. Let dry 5-10 minutes. If stain persists, repeat.

Following these instructions helps, but water spots continue to appear. The problem is not uncommon, with some suggest a coating of cooking oil - olive oil are similar after cleaning.

Any experience - help - tips for my client?

Thanks.

John

Reach4

Reaction score
Try generously spraying RO water to wet the counter as a final rinse, and wipe that off with a paper towel.
sprayer-hand-650-ml.jpg

On a different topic, if you pipe RO water to the icemaker/fridge, use plastic pipe -- not copper.

Last edited:

Gary369

Reaction score
We had a new Mocha granite composite sink installed toward the end of November 2015.
After about two weeks we noticed it didn't look as good, starting to look dull and white-ish.
Mineral deposits I figured. Tried oil, but that was temporary. Then we just happen to wash it down with dish soap and a "Mr. Clean Magic Eraser pad". It looked a little better. After a few times the sink was new looking, dark mocha colored, and when you rinse, the water sheets off down the drain like it has been oiled. No chemicals needed. We now just wash it down two to three times a week with dish soap and a Magic eraser.

johnmeto

Reaction score
se a 3M Scotch-Brite™ Heavy Duty Scour Pad with either water, 50/50 white vinegar/water solution or non-abrasive cleaner.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks