Eljer Tank to Bowl gasket replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

MerryBerry

Reaction score
I am working on a vintage Elger toilet manufactured in 1957. I think the model number is 5-140-4. It has a 2" discharge hole from the tank to the bowl. It currently has a dried out round rubber gasket with a 2" center hole and a 3" outer diameter approximately 1/2" thick. There are four rubber tabs inserted in the bowl to help support the tank, I presume. When I look for replacement gaskets, it shows the donut style, and a style with ears that fit over the mounting bolts. Can anyone tell me which version would be the correct original installation? Also, the flush system has a rubber drop ball valve supported by a brass rod. The replacement part shows a 2" rubber ball, and a 2" tapered hard rubber disc plug. Could you tell me which one was original to this toilet and which one I should use? I would greatly appreciate any help or advice you can give me!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Maybe this will add to the conversation.

eljer-1957-2.jpg

eljer-1957.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks