Eljer faucet diverter

Users who are viewing this thread

Don R

Reaction score
I'm having trouble with my Elger sink and tup farcett diverters. These are about 14 years old and the faucets are componet and you put them together depending on your handle spacing. I have two with diverters for hand wands. A button/or slide on the hand diverter starts the water flowing through the wand and at the same time stops the water at the spout. These diverters seem to be stuck and only let a small amount of water at the normal water spout/s but work at full flow on the wands.
Does anyone know if the diverter portion can be cleaned/repaired to make the valves work or if not able to be cleaned, where I can buy new ones. These were quite expensive and the handles are fairly wide so it will not be easy just to replace the whole faucet assemblies and my wife likes them.
Help.
Thanks,
Don R

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucets

How about a picture. Is this a kitchen or bathroom sink faucet. The only bathroom ones I have ever seen were made by Kohler, and they are a modified kitchen faucet. Almost anything is repairable, assuming they still make the parts, but without seeing the faucet we cannot tell if they do.

Don R

Reaction score
These are bathroom sink and tub faucets and are component style with the hot and cold on/off handles, faucett spout and diverter valve put together with brass tubes to allow for different spacing. The hand wand hose attaches to the diverter valve under the counter where the water supply/diverter components come together. I'll try and take a photo and post it if I can. These do not look like any kitchen faucett I've ever seen.
Thanks for responding and offering your help/advice.
Don R

Don R

Reaction score
Eljer faucet diverter problems and photos

Here are a couple of pictures attached. One of the undercounter installation showing the diverter valve and one of the faucet itself as installed. I appears the diverter section can be disassembled somewhat. Any ideas? I haven't found any new diverters anywhere so I would like to repair if possible. Thanks,
Don R

Attachments

• mixing valve_0218.JPG
    mixing valve_0218.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 2,398
  • faucet w mix valve_0217.JPG
    faucet w mix valve_0217.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,987

Kareng8lin

Reaction score
need same help

I also have this faucet and need replacement parts for my diverter, and hot water valve and stem Help please:confused:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

It is the Eljer Grandela line, similar to the 553-1180 if your sink has a pop-up drain or the 513-1300 tub valve although it does not have the spray hose. These numbers may help you track down the parts.

Don R

Reaction score
Eljer Faucett diverter repair/replacement update

I received the following msg from a very nice person at Eljer after many web searches and phone calls. They are no longer in the faucet business but the very kind lady found me 2 diverters I needed in their warehouse somehow and sent them to me but told me to look to the following for future parts. Here's what they said:

"We are no longer in the faucet business as of March 2001. So there won't be any direct retailers in your area.

However, there are two companies that are still providing these parts.

Tapco (Elias Industries) and
www.brasscraft.com

Note that "valley" & "eljer" are interchangeable. If there is a wholesaler or retailer in your area that can handle tapco or brasscraft, then you can still find the parts.

The parts that I'm sending out for you will be no charge.
Alexandria Dycus
Eljer, Inc.
(800) 898-4048 x2379

I Hope this helps you. (one of the diverters they sent had a cracked plastic tab but it still worked ok.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks