Electric water heater-best brands

Users who are viewing this thread

Onokai

Reaction score
I will soon have a free supply of electricity during the day (24- 400watt solar panels) after my solar system goes in later this summer. I'm planning on a small hot tub to take some of this extra daylight power but at night its back to grid power so I thought having a smaller electric water heater which can also take the free day lite power would help buy using that hot water in the evenings for the hot tub. This whole install is always from house so it will be a stand alone deal
Any suggestions on super insulated electric water brands? I'm on the west coast and Rheem is a big brand out here. Any thoughts on other brands? I'm thinking a 30-50 gallon unit to dump hot water into an already warm hot tub.
I already have a natural 40 gal gas water heater in house on a solar water heated 2 panel roof assist system running into a 80 gallon water tank that feeds the gas water heater.I put tghis in in the 80s and its working well still.
My solar electric system will have some extra power during daylight hours for this use. I need to use the power or loose it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks