Elbows in a standpipe?

Users who are viewing this thread

itsfaygopop

Reaction score
Does a laundry standpipe have to be straight? Also, can anything else connect into that same stack?

I'm attaching the existing setup and what I'm thinking about doing.

To help clarify. The laundry is being moved to the room directly on the wall behind the existing laundry plumbing. The plumbing is currently face mounted. I'd like to move the standpipe inside the wall connecting to a laundry box, while leaving the rest of the plumbing were they are. I also want to add a sink to the right of the standpipe.

One of the issues is that the existing tee going to the trap is directly at floor level, so cutting the pipe and starting over from where it all enters the room would be very difficult.

Attachments

• Plumbing-01.png
    Plumbing-01.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 391
  • Plumbing-02.png
    Plumbing-02.png
    86.5 KB · Views: 3,425

JMac

Reaction score
Instead of 90s, could you use 45s so that what is proposed to be horizontal would have a slope? I don't know if either would be code, but this way it would at least be sloped to avoid standing water/liquid.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks