Ejector pump vent connected to sewer?

Users who are viewing this thread

JjimboBoy

Reaction score
Hello. I'm new to plumbing.

Can this be ok? The discharge pipe (with has one way valve) is correctly connected to the main sewer line. But the vent is connected to the sewer too. Makes no sense to me. Can this be correct?

JjimboBoy

Reaction score
The vent goes up, makes 90 degree turn and goes into the main sewer. Couldn't the waste water from upstairs run down into the pit?

Are these codes universal? I tried reading through our township ordinances and couldn't find it.

Reach4

Reaction score
The vent goes up, makes 90 degree turn and goes into the main sewer. Couldn't the waste water from upstairs run down into the pit?
Remember that you have the check valve (one way valve) in the line from the pit going up to the sewer.

What is on your mind? Are you intellectually curious? Is there a symptom that you are trying to cure, or is there a period where things not in accordance to code gets brought up to code by somebody else?

In the few cases I have seen, the pit output from the checkvalve gets piped higher than the big sewer line, and then descends into the sewer pipe.

JjimboBoy

Reaction score
We recently moved in and I wanted to make sure things are running OK. The discharge pipe is fine. the issue and question is with the vent pipe.

Reach4

Reaction score
I don't know how I confused myself; you were very clear. I understand the concern.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks