Ejector Pump running in basement after water usage on main floor

Users who are viewing this thread

farrellk

Reaction score
our ejector pump is periodically going off after using water on the main floor of the home. The only thing attached to the ejector is a bathroom/shower in the basement. It was recently used heavily and the toilet was clogged with waste and paper only. The rest of the house uses city sewer. Is there a clog somewhere? or is it a vent issue?

Reach4

Reaction score
Only right after using the water on the main floor? I suspect something may not be plumbed the way you think. It's possible that you are getting the back feeding that you suspect, but I would think you would have some kind of a check valve in the path of your pump.

farrellk

Reaction score
No, we can use the water all day and then the pump will kick on late in the evening after regular water use upstairs. It just started doing this a few days ago. The pump was put in three years ago when the basement was finished. The rest of the plumbing goes out to the city sewer, no pump. We do have a check valve near the pump.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks