Ejector Pump Installation Question

Users who are viewing this thread

aparfeno

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am opting to install the ejector pump system (flotec) in my basement slab and I am not clear on a few issues:

1) Do I need gravel around basin and how much? ( I think I need 4 inches per installation instructions, but I just wanted to make sure. )

2) Do I need gravel around PVC pipes that I will be burying under my slab? If so, how much?

3) How far from the basement cement wall can I dig a pit? (one pro i talked to mentioned something about leaving space for headers...)

4) When running trenches for PVC pipes, how far should I stay away from load-bearing studs?

I understand that some of these questions are in the building codes and may very from area to area, but I still would like to get a general feel for the amount of work ahead of me.

Thanks in advance!

Alex

Last edited by a moderator:

tobinator

Reaction score
re. Ejector Pump Installation Question

Alex, I'll leave the plumbing questions to the plumbers, but stay away from the concrete wall at least 24" to be safe. Your footings (not headers) probably extend from beyond the wall 6" or so, but depending on age of home, engineering, etc, could be much more. You may want to leave this to a pro, you could damage your foundation and cause huge problems with water infiltration into your basement if you don't know what you're doing. Have you though about how you'll get through the slab? BTW, cement is glue. The hard gray stuff is concrete. ;)
Tobinator

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
glue?

The gray powdery stuff you mix with sand and gravel is Portland cement. It doesn't become concrete until it is mixed with the sand and gravel. And it doesn't become hard concrete until it is mixed with water and left alone for a while.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks