Ejector Pump Code compliance

Users who are viewing this thread

tophervw

Reaction score
Long time lurker, 1st time poster. I’ve learned a lot searching and reading other threads but still have a question:

I am having difficulty assigning a proper DFU to our ejector pump system. Municipality in question is hung up on the GPM of the pump in the can. Said pump is capable of 120 gallons per minute, though the controls in the can will allow about 13 gallons to be pumped per cycle. My thoughts are, if the pump cycles once in a 60second window of time , the gpm becomes 13. Apparently the DFU on an Ejector pump is determined by doubling the gpm rating on the pump. That would yield a DFU of 240?! Even maxing out a 4" drain line. However, if we can double the cycle number we would be at 26 for the DFU. Allowing a 3" drain line to receive the 2" discharge line w/o maxing the horizontal figure of 35 DFU. The 3†then hits the 4†line leaving the home to the city wastewater district.

Am I thinking this out right? The 2 “ discharge line connects to the 3†line about 8’ above where the 3†line goes horizontal, and after the master bath group from the second floor.

I total the DFUs at 33.3 using the 13 gallons per cycle (26 once doubled) and the master bath groups standard DFU assignments.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks