EcoWater ECR3702 Series

Users who are viewing this thread

amcott13

Reaction score
Hello,

We bought a house 6 months ago and noticed the water feeling different. Checked the water softener and noticed this (Attached Picture). I've never had a water softener before so I'm not sure if it's supposed to be brown like this. Another thing we noticed is the white tube to the right is solid full of salt. Wanted to make sure this was normal as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 20170103_082035.jpg
    20170103_082035.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 489

Reach4

Reaction score
City water? If well water, I suggest a lab water test. If city water, I would add a sediment filter before the softener. I would do a filter with well water, but wait until the test results to see what you are dealing with.

I would try to get some of that brown stuff and examine it with your best magnifier. Rust particles? Sand? Dog food? Kid dropped a cookie?

It would not be normal to have the tube full of salt, but what you may have is a little salt atop a recessed white plastic cap. That is fine.

amcott13

Reaction score
City water? If well water, I suggest a lab water test. If city water, I would add a sediment filter before the softener. I would do a filter with well water, but wait until the test results to see what you are dealing with.

I would try to get some of that brown stuff and examine it with your best magnifier. Rust particles? Sand? Dog food? Kid dropped a cookie?

It would not be normal to have the tube full of salt, but what you may have is a little salt atop a recessed white plastic cap. That is fine.

Thank you for your help. I have city water. I didn't know there was a recessed white cap so I'll double check to make sure it's just on top of that. Thank you again!

Reach4

Reaction score
Looking at the picture again, it looks like the water level is much higher than the salt. Normally you want some salt higher than the water surface. It is OK to have the salt level much higher.

How deep is your salt? You may be seeing 10 years of insoluble stuff in your brine tank.

This is actually good. This would be a great time to clean out the brine tank. You will be throwing away just a little dirty salt. A siphon or a wet-dry vacuum could let you withdraw the water to make it lighter and less messy than just tipping the tank over.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks