Ecosmart Low Water Pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Curtis Cecil

Reaction score
So I had the tankless water heater for at least 5 years and it's been working great. Recently the water hasn't been as hot so I went through the troubleshooting steps from Ecosmart 27 tankless water heater. The heating elements all tested good so the guide pointed me to scale build up. I took everything apart, cleaned it with vinegar and reassembled the unit.
That's when I started to have low pressure problems at the sinks and showers. I took it all apart and thought maybe there's debris stuck somewhere and used a pair of finger grabbers to try to find anything in the heat exchangers but nothing was there. I put vinegar in the heat exchangers for about 3 hours and reassembled everything.
Started to run all the faucets and lots of junk coming out but still low water pressure. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can try before giving in and calling a plumber which will probably cost me an arm and leg to diagnose the problem?

Bannerman

Reaction score
From your description, it does not seem as though you utilized a pump to circulate the vinegar solution.

Here is one of many kits that are utilized for descaling a tankless. The vinegar solution will be usually circulated through the WH for at least 1 hour, but as the unit has not been descaled for 5 years, multiple sessions may be required using fresh solution for each session.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Eccotem...NSI-60-Certified-Descaler-Kit-EZKIT/301356674

Unless a water softener is utilized to remove the minerals that cause scaling, the minimum descaling requirement is typically yearly,

Curtis Cecil

Reaction score
Well a water softener was put in about in the 2nd year of use. Also when I had the tankless water heater installed I had an Aqua Crest scale inhibitor installed in the water line. So it's not that there should be a lot of scale at all but for some reason I lost alot of water pressure.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks