Ecosmart Low Water Pressure

Discussion in 'Tankless Water Heater Forum' started by Curtis Cecil, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Curtis Cecil

Curtis Cecil New Member

So I had the tankless water heater for at least 5 years and it's been working great. Recently the water hasn't been as hot so I went through the troubleshooting steps from Ecosmart 27 tankless water heater. The heating elements all tested good so the guide pointed me to scale build up. I took everything apart, cleaned it with vinegar and reassembled the unit.
    That's when I started to have low pressure problems at the sinks and showers. I took it all apart and thought maybe there's debris stuck somewhere and used a pair of finger grabbers to try to find anything in the heat exchangers but nothing was there. I put vinegar in the heat exchangers for about 3 hours and reassembled everything.
    Started to run all the faucets and lots of junk coming out but still low water pressure. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can try before giving in and calling a plumber which will probably cost me an arm and leg to diagnose the problem?

2. Bannerman

Bannerman Well-Known Member

From your description, it does not seem as though you utilized a pump to circulate the vinegar solution.

Here is one of many kits that are utilized for descaling a tankless. The vinegar solution will be usually circulated through the WH for at least 1 hour, but as the unit has not been descaled for 5 years, multiple sessions may be required using fresh solution for each session.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Eccotem...NSI-60-Certified-Descaler-Kit-EZKIT/301356674

Unless a water softener is utilized to remove the minerals that cause scaling, the minimum descaling requirement is typically yearly,

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Curtis Cecil

Curtis Cecil New Member

Well a water softener was put in about in the 2nd year of use. Also when I had the tankless water heater installed I had an Aqua Crest scale inhibitor installed in the water line. So it's not that there should be a lot of scale at all but for some reason I lost alot of water pressure.

5. Curtis Cecil

Curtis Cecil New Member

Time to call a plumber. Thanks for all the help!

6. fitter30

fitter30 Well-Known Member

Retired service tech
    Have checked faucet aerators? Is there a screen entering water?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021