DWV Venting Layout IPC

Users who are viewing this thread

OddsAndEnds

Reaction score
image.jpg

Under IPC and looking for feedback it’s a replumb and very restricted on my avenues. I could possibly maybe get lav back vented but this is what I would like to go with. Thank you in advance for feed back.

OddsAndEnds

Reaction score
About to glue up, lav is within 6ft of vertical vent and WC is within 6ft should I make the effort to back vent the lav as well.

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Your lav needs to have a vent at the elevation of the trap. You can't turn the lav drain down and then vent it. So you either need a vent through the roof connected there, or an AAV.

Once you have that, the 1.5" vent between the lav and the WC is superfluous.

Cheers, Wayne

OddsAndEnds

Reaction score
Your lav needs to have a vent at the elevation of the trap. You can't turn the lav drain down and then vent it. So you either need a vent through the roof connected there, or an AAV.

Once you have that, the 1.5" vent between the lav and the WC is superfluous.

Cheers, Wayne

OddsAndEnds

Reaction score
Thanks for the look wwhitney, at first look I didn’t think at all possible to get lav back vented whatsoever but after opening more wall than I really wanted to I think I can get it above flr before going horizontal then back up, would just fo away with vent between WC and lav at that point, dislike the use of AAV when if at ALL possible in venting properly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks