DWV vent tee location

Users who are viewing this thread

John McGowen

Reaction score
I have been reading about plumbing codes and methods on this site for many years and I learned a lot but I still don't know everything so I must ask a question.

I have removed all the cast iron DWV parts so everything will be PVC. I am also installing a full bathroom and seperate floor drain in the basement. I am trying to install a vent for each fixture that will connect to the main stack above the minimum vent height requirement on the first floor to eliminate any wet venting but some of the fixtures are within close proximity of each other and the main stack so routing the vents are a bit confusing. I live in Plano, IL if that helps.

The photo shows the situation I am facing. The top side of the photo labeled sewer is where the sewer pipe exists the house toward the city sewer and the bottom side is where the 2" PCV comes from the kitchen sink drain 20' upstream. The kitchen sink has an air admittance vent currently but I plan to run a proper vent in the future when I remodel the kitchen. On the left of the photo is where I plan to install a floor drain and would like it vented but I would prefer it not be considered a wet vent. So my first question is, does this constitute a wet vent? If so, would swapping the location of the drain wye and vent tee resolve this issue or would the vent tee need to located in the floor drain line prior to the wye where it connects to the sink drain/sewer line?

Thank you for providing this forum to the public and I appreciate any insight into my particular situation.
20190217_113155.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks