DWV - Master Bath

Users who are viewing this thread

Fremontstreet

Reaction score
Hi all -
Very appreciative of this community and the knowledge that is passed through here. I have finished a few projects by just looking through the different forum threads but cannot find something similar.

The project is part of a renovation of a bi-level 1960s home where we needed to reconfigure two bathrooms to make the layouts more modern. I am working out how to best vent the master bathroom group. The blue highlight is what should be considered the wet vent. Will this drain / vent configuration work or should I focus on venting the individual fixtures? I plan on using a 3x3x3x2 side inlet wye to tie the master & kitchen into the main stack.

1656200743355.png

1656200550024.png

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Your drawing is trying to show too many dimensions in 2d. You either need a plan view with elevation or a isometric.

In a very general way it seems OK, but the details are what makes something correct.

Fremontstreet

Reaction score
Your drawing is trying to show too many dimensions in 2d. You either need a plan view with elevation or a isometric.

In a very general way it seems OK, but the details are what makes something correct.
John - hopefully this image makes more sense. The 3" waste toilet acts as the main waste for the master bath group. The toilet is wet vented by the double vanity. The shower ties into the 3" toilet waste, and is wet vented by the double vanity. From what I understand, this is a legal piping of the master bath group but wanted to make sure.

The 2" kitchen is individually vented, and tied into the main stack at the same location as the 3" toilet waste with a 3x3x3x2 right inlet sanitary tee.

1656359642522.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks