DWV layout / tie-in to 4" drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Emb034

Reaction score
I am moving toilet and tub/shower to the opposite side of my bathroom. The old bathroom layout had tub and toilet on left wall and double vanity on right wall. New layout will have vanity, toilet, tub on right wall.

I trenched out the slab and discovered that the 4" drain (to the septic tank) is only 4" below the bottom of the slab. It is also about 15" from the back wall which puts it right where I need to put my tub trap.

I am struggling to figure out a proper way to connect to this existing line/vent. Can anyone provide some advice on the best DWV layout for this situation?

Thank you,
Ethan

IMG_20220514_152127581~3.jpg

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
There's not enough info to give a good answer. If you could make a drawing showing as much of the underground plumbing as you know it. How does the rest of the plumbing tie into this drain?

Emb034

Reaction score
There's not enough info to give a good answer. If you could make a drawing showing as much of the underground plumbing as you know it. How does the rest of the plumbing tie into this drain?
I have attached a diagram showing what I know. I am guessing on most of the below slab stuff. I do believe my island drain would tie in between this bathroom and the septic tank just because of its location nearby.

IMG_20220524_142724034.jpg

Emb034

Reaction score
Would either of these options work? I did not model in the lav drain yet. The second option seems better for the tub drain but will require me to remove some more concrete. I think I also need to increase the trap arm length. Does the leg of the wye get included in the minimum trap arm length measurement?

BATHROOM3.JPG
BATHROOM2.JPG

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks