DWV diagram for half bath/washing machine

Users who are viewing this thread

HiBrettHere

Reaction score
Hello,

Could somebody take a look at this diagram and help me fix any mistakes?

I'm building a half bath in an enclosed porch. The main soil stack is about 15 feet away in the basement so I figured I had to add a new vent.

1)Does the diagram look right?
2) The room is on the first story and extends away from the house. Does the vent line have to extend all the way to the 2nd story roof or can it just terminate above the 1st story?

Thanks for your help!
Brett
DWV schematic.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The lav can only have 135 degree of change on the trap arm. The vent needs to be closer.
The washer and lav need to come in downstream of the toilet and the toilet needs a vent. Normally a lav would wet vent a toilet, but a washer can't be included in any wet venting.

HiBrettHere

Reaction score
H
The lav can only have 135 degree of change on the trap arm. The vent needs to be closer.
The washer and lav need to come in downstream of the toilet and the toilet needs a vent. Normally a lav would wet vent a toilet, but a washer can't be included in any wet venting.

Hi Terry,

Thanks so much for taking the time to look. Here's my second attempt. Is this any better? I think it addresses your notes. If it does, is their a simpler way to achieve the same thing? Based on the layout of the room the washing machine has to physically remain upstream and since there's no access underneath the floor, the less fittings under there the better. If not I guess I can rip up a good chunk of the floor to make the connections.

Thanks!
Brett

Attachments

• DWV schematic_V2.jpg
    DWV schematic_V2.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 1,408
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks