DWV and Water supply renovation advice needed

Users who are viewing this thread

palych

Reaction score
Hi everybody.

I have read this forum and will appreciate any suggestions and advice on DWV design and water supply pipe sizing design done by myself.
We have a 1.5 story Cape Code in NJ built in 1941 with one full bathroom on the first floor.
Current DWV system is cast iron:
Plumbing Iso current.jpg

I intend to do renovations in two steps:
1. remodel existing bathroom on the first floor (floor plan is 6'x6'). I keep cast iron for undeground line to the street:
Plumbing Iso remodel with AAV.jpg

2. add a second floor with additional bathrooms in a year or so (floor plans is 8'x8' and 4'x8'):
Plumbing Iso 2nd Floor addition.jpg

Drain and Waste Pipe Size Diagram.jpg

New Water Supply system design:
Water Supply Pipe Sizing.jpg

Also, I am thinking of installing tankless back-to-wall toilets.

I appreciate any suggestions and advice.

Last edited:

palych

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Does anybody have any suggestions? Is my design too bad? Or there is nothing to correct?

Thank you

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
looks ok Id do it with vents if possible instead of aav but nothing stands out as not to code

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I dont know NJ code either but just wouldnt put an aav when regular vent so easy.
Wet venting tub like that looks questionable too that might be real easy to vent off the stack or nearby wall

palych

Reaction score
Thank you both for your suggestions. I will update my design.
I have few more questions:
1. I am going to use PEX B with crimp fittings. Should I upsize my system or current diameters OK?
2. I am going to install Manifolds with 4 ports only - each port for group like bathrooms, laundry group, kitchen group. Should I upsize lines from Manifolds to 5/8" or keep it 1/2"? Is it OK or should I use Manifolds with ports for every fixture?
3. I am going to make recirculation dedicated line from Hot Water Manifold back to Water Heater. I did not find information on that. Is it OK?

Please advise.

Thank you

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks