DVW, Cleanouts, in detail--Cleanout specs

Users who are viewing this thread

civ2100

Reaction score
I am redoing a bath over a 3 ft. crawl space, to make handicap shower, with full-floor shower pan. Wanted to extend old cleanout at bottom of toilet-stack/vent. Asked plumber via a scaled drawing to slope up drain extension at 22-1/2 degree angle starting at "dirt" level, picking up the new shower drain and vent connections on the way, going through my last reinforced joist at the outside wall, and adding the cleanout in outside wall just above foundation. My design for the main line extension had a 45-degree total changes in direction. Instead he used 2 90-degree bends just inside foundation, to go up from gently sloped 3-inch line about 12 inches up from the dirt, and then out for the cleanout. These 90-degree (or quarter-bends) are not tightest radius, but neither are they long-sweep.

Does his solution pass code in California? Do plumbers treat customer sketches or drawings this casually often, or is this an exception?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
co

Does his solution pass code in California?His solution, even if it did pass code, would be more difficult to use than two 45's would have been.

Do plumbers treat customer sketches or drawings this casually often, or is this an exception?

Yes, but I also do it with engineer's drawings so don't assume your's is a special case.

Herk

Plumber
Reaction score
If a customer tried to tell me how to plumb, I'd wad up his drawing and toss it at him, then tell him to do it himself. I've earned my spurs. I'll use 'em.

Toolaholic

General Contractor Carpenter
Reaction score
I'm a Ca. Gen. C. that does a lot of plumbing. I see nothing wrong with Your request. Sounds like You gave this some thought. I wouldn't break the code for You. But I find no problem with what You wanted. At a minimum, He should have discussed any different ideas ,with You first! Just good manners,and Business.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks