Duravit Starck 3 Install

Users who are viewing this thread

toiletEd

Reaction score
Firstly, I am grateful for this forum as I have been able to find a wealth of useful information already. My predicament seems somewhat typical, however when I looked for a thread that would answer my question, I discovered that I couldn't entirely say for sure if what I found is applicable to my situation. If you know of a thread that has addressed my situation fully, please kindly forward me the link.

I am going to install a Duravit Starck 3 (214109-floor model) toilet in a powder room. The toilet has a rear flush outlet and I am replacing a toilet that had a vertical flush outlet. Duravit specifies (PDF enclosed) two different connectors that are compatible with the toilet I am installing (Vario Connector Set, 001422 and Vario Connecting bend, 899025). I don't know enough to tell which one needs to be used in my situation. My existing floor drain flange is about 12" away from the wall against which the back of the new toilet is going to go against.

If my post is lacking some important info for my question to be answered, please let me know, and I will make sure to post it. Thanks to all in advance!

Attachments

• 214109-RED.pdf
    107.4 KB · Views: 441

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
india_toilet_4163.jpg

Other countries like India can have the floor drain closer to the wall. It looks like your Duravit will be sticking out from the wall a long ways on a 12" rough.

toiletEd

Reaction score
Terry,
Firstly, thanks for your reply...

I am not sure if I gave wrong info or you misunderstood me, but the picture you supplied doesn't really match my situation. The rough in on your picture must be a couple of inches (if that). Mine is a "standard" in the U.S. 12"...

Again, I am trying to install a European spec toilet (Duravit Starck 3 close-coupled # 214109) in a U.S. spec bathroom... It appears that I won't be able to use one of Duravit's own drain adapters I mentioned in my original post (I did speak with their rep), as their adapters work with smaller rough ins and would make my toilet stand several inches off the wall instead of being against the wall as it should be...

My next question is, can I use an adapter such as Toto's TSU05W.12...

Toto TSU05W.12 Dual Flush Toilet Rough-In.jpeg

....or one made by another company. I would look this up on my own, but I couldn't find any specs on the said adapter and Toto's site states that it has been discontinued so it doesn't even appear there...

If that adapter will work for me, my follow-up question is whether I need any other parts to install it. I frequently see another part pictured next to it (THU291).

toto-thu291.jpg

Do I need it? And if so, do I need to purchase it separately or will it come included with the TSU05W.12?

Thanks again for your help!

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Toilet adapters are essentially unique and specific to a particular brand.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Terry,

I am not sure if I gave wrong info or you misunderstood me, but the picture you supplied doesn't really match my situation. The rough in on your picture must be a couple of inches (if that). Mine is a "standard" in the U.S. 12"...

The US standard is 12", and you will sometimes see 10" or 14".
Across the pond, they do things much differently. What you have is a made for Europe toilet to be installed at the US spec of 12".
I see that Duravit has several different adapters in metric sizing, that are designed for their installation in Europe. Looking at their page, nothing they had was going to bring that toilet very close to the wall when you are starting at 12". Did you by the toilet here in the US? If so, do they have an adapter that translates to anything close to US dimensions? I don't think any of those Aquia fittings will come close to working for you. I don't speak German, and their metric measurements and tiny pictures made it very hard.

http://www.ybath.com/lib/duravit-starck-3-close-coupled-toilet-suitable-for-sensowash-specs-6883.pdf

http://www.duravit.us/products/all_series/starck_3.us-en.html;jsessionid=8C273FDF45D23C6351842880A66E062E?product=613302

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks