Duravit Happy D for 12" rough?

Users who are viewing this thread

kcliss

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm wondering if I can use the Duravit Happy D toilet with a 12" rough-in, model D14023.

We purchased this toilet for a bathroom addition that got cancelled. Now we'd like to use it in our existing bathroom, currently undergoing a to-the-studs renovation. It appears that it's designed for a horizontal waste outlet, but a kit is available for a floor mount. From the tech drawings on Duravit's US site, it looks like the kit is for use with a rough-in of approximately 8".

Here's the link. Connections are under "Technical Drawings".
http://www.duravit.us/duravit/html/...?product=d14023&category=toilets&nodeId=93025

So the question is: since we have a 12" rough-in, can we use what we've got, or do we need to buy a different toilet?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
You need a #001455 00 00 E-Z fit rough in.
The description says to fit 8-1/2" rough-in, but we have modified it in the past.
You need to notch the front of it so it will fit under the bowl and then push the bowl back to the wall and it will fit.

I was trying to find a picture of it and can seemed to find one.
The Toto unitfit looks like it so below is before and after.

Before
Unifit.JPG

After
Unifit notch.JPG

kcliss

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply; that's definitely helpful.

Two questions:
Do you know where to get the #001455 EZ fit kit? All I'm finding on-line seems to come with the toilet itself and is not sold on its own.

If not, will the Toto Unifit fit the Duravit?

Thanks again!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It would be a fluke if the Toto part fit the Duravit. Plus, this modification would seem to leave the drain open! That big circle part that is cut normally is the outline of the wax seal to a conventional toilet flange. Cutting it would expose the toilet flange and compromise the ability to seal. Now, if it uses some other type of thing to seal, it might work, especially if it doesn't use a conventional toilet flange.

kcliss

Reaction score
A call to Duravit HQ clarified things. The EZ Fit is available from a Duravit retailer, the 12" rough is functionally okay (though it might look odd), and they recommend against the modification.

The modification makes sense, Peanut, but I'm not experienced enough to take the chance with our new floors. Maybe if I had more projects under my belt I'd feel more comfortable with this.

We'll probably put in a shelf to bridge the gap.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks