Duravit 1930, Any thoughts on this toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

DIYorBust

Reaction score
I didn't see too many reviews on duravit toilets here. I'm curious how you folks feel about this toilet:

Duravit 1930 series:
https://www.duravit.us/products/all_series/1930.us-en.html?product=585100

I'm looking for a traditional looking toilet with a standard bowl height. I like the Toto promenade, but we think it's too tall for the kiddies and we also prefer the lower height. It's replacing an American Standard Antiquity 1.6gpf toilet toilet that has given me a lot of headaches, so I'm looking for something that works well.

Thanks,

DIY

1930-duravit.jpg

DIYorBust

Reaction score
Oh man, I was sure someone here would have some insight on this toilet. I have a 1920s octagonal sink that it would match great with. But it's a pricey toilet. Do duravits in general get good Mark's?

Thanks in advance,

Diy

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I've used one of their sinks, but not a toilet. You're stuck with buying a toilet seat from them. If that one breaks or gets grody, you may have trouble, as nothing else out there would fit well, if at all (not sure about the mounting bolt spacing and no generic toilet seats are shaped like that). I don't know what they use inside for the flush valve or fill valve, but if it's proprietary, that can be a major pain, too.

DIYorBust

Reaction score
I've used one of their sinks, but not a toilet. You're stuck with buying a toilet seat from them. If that one breaks or gets grody, you may have trouble, as nothing else out there would fit well, if at all (not sure about the mounting bolt spacing and no generic toilet seats are shaped like that). I don't know what they use inside for the flush valve or fill valve, but if it's proprietary, that can be a major pain, too.

Thanks jadnashua. The seat situation could be an issue, but I could get an extra to keep on hand. The flush valve appears to be a geberit single flush unit. I don't know if that can be swapped out to a simpler flapper.

DIYorBust

Reaction score
Thanks Terry. So basically it sounds like this is an OK toilet, but parts could be an issue down the road. I think I may give it a try. It is expensive, but not so bad if I get at least 10 years out of it. Hopefully duravit will continue to supply the seat. Probably it does make sense to keep one spare just in case.

DIYorBust

Reaction score
Probably about 900 to 1000 with the tank bowl and seat, including the internal parts, no installation, but I'll probably do that myself. I think the special glazing is 100 more so I might spring for that. Sometimes my local shop can get these things a little cheaper, so I'll give them try but who knows on this item.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I know that Duravit does offer a glaze similar to what some other manufacturers do that is smoother, and easier to keep clean. It's generally a useful addition.

FWIW, what many call comfort height is still lower than the common dining room chair, so unless those are uncomfortable, not having to 'fall' as far to sit on a toilet has some advantages for many!

DIYorBust

Reaction score
I do see that toto universal height is about 16-16.5 inches whereas standard height clocks in around 15". I think it does make a difference for kiddos. The taller unit is better for older folks, or those who have knee or hip issues. But toilets aren't a forever investment, and for the next 10 years or so I think what we need is the lower height which is safer for the little ones. It also gives us a little more choice on seat selections since it doesn't need to be as thin. Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks