Duravit 1.28 metro single bowl issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Ruppies

Reaction score
I was recently living in a 26 story condominium and had this Duravit 1.28 L flush metro single bowl unit. I had continual problems with his toilet where it would ghost flush randomly it would run and more importantly would just overflow in the middle of the night usually always at two or three in the morning without anyone even using it for hours and hours on end. I believe there was a problem with the toilet and then the manufacture as well as in addition to the flapper. Can anybody expound any information that they have about this model toilet if they know any information about it. Also was it wrong to have this toilet was such a low flush in a 26 story condominium that was old please let me know your thoughts thank you

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
You maybe right that a ghost was tripping the flush handle. :cool: I do not think there is an actually backup unless the water overflowed onto the floor.

A building that tall usually will have booster pumps to get sufficient pressure to the top floors. Pressure would be it's highest sometime during the night when little water is flowing. It could have been possible the pressure was high enough that the flush valve opened and started to fill the tank but no way possible that the flapper would opened by itself. All the water in the tank would overflow into the overflow tube that drains into the bowl. As the bowl filled to a certain level, it would do what would look like a regular flush. At any toilet dump a five gallon pail of water in the bowl and it will flush as if the trip level was flipped all caused from the siphon effect. All toilets flush using a siphon.

Ruppies

Reaction score
You maybe right that a ghost was tripping the flush handle. :cool: I do not think there is an actually backup unless the water overflowed onto the floor.

A building that tall usually will have booster pumps to get sufficient pressure to the top floors. Pressure would be it's highest sometime during the night when little water is flowing. It could have been possible the pressure was high enough that the flush valve opened and started to fill the tank but no way possible that the flapper would opened by itself. All the water in the tank would overflow into the overflow tube that drains into the bowl. As the bowl filled to a certain level, it would do what would look like a regular flush. At any toilet dump a five gallon pail of water in the bowl and it will flush as if the trip level was flipped all caused from the siphon effect. All toilets flush using a siphon.
That’s my whole point I kept having bad overflows and I had four major leaks to the apartment below me as far as six floors down this happened four times

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
That’s my whole point I kept having bad overflows and I had four major leaks to the apartment below me as far as six floors down this happened four times
Then there is a back up somewhere. More common than not, in the bowl trap way there could be something stuck moving around such as a toy or a comb, who knows. But why at times if its the building plumbing? Do any of the nearby condo's have an issue. Therefore the two problems are ghost flush and blockage of some kind. All we can do is offer suggestions but do try the water bucket test and at night, thought it might be a hassle, shut the water off to the toilet and see what happens. If you are going to be away for a few days, shut the water off to the condo to just the toilet. If nothing happens suspect the toilet. If you have the skill, remove the toilet and inspect the trap way and drain buckets of water down the drain. With this causing damage below, I would replace the toilet. It maybe less expensive than causing more water damage.

Above are only suggestions and not necessarily the real cause. From the information given it is what I can surmise.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks