Dual vanity bathroom sink using a single trap

Users who are viewing this thread

John King

Reaction score
I realize with a dual bathroom vanity, each would each ideally have a trap. However I believe my best option may be a single trap, so hear me out and let me know if I have any other options.

The framing is old 2x3, and with the 1.5" piping I can't bore through them. My thinking was I could throw 2 elbows on and bring the piping into the cabinet, but after dry fitting the double sanitary tee between the studs, there was no space for me to even connect an elbow on the two sides.

I believe my best option would be to run a single sanitary tee into the cabinet, and then connect the sinks as if it was a dual kitchen sink (although I would have to bore through the cabinet as it has an interior divider). I'm in Massachusetts and it appears it's allowed provided the center of the drains don't span more than 30" and our sinks would be at 24". If I go this route I imagine I would just use a tee to connect the sinks to the trap?

Am I missing any other options that may be a better solution?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
A 2 part kitchen waste tubular one ptrap I see nothing wrong with it. its code, functional, easily changed or disconected for servicing

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you don't have the cabinetry installed you could run the 2 drains exterior of the wall and push your cabinetry to cover that. You would have to have a deeper countertop to cover the span to the wall.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
thats one way of cource the cabinet would be off the wall a few inches . Re skin cabinets or build a deeper vanity. Counter top would adress gap oon top only.
You could bring a seperate drain up the wall as well and tie vents together in cieling or attic. Owners choice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks