Dual tank control

Users who are viewing this thread

F

Farah Badardin

Hi,

I have one grout tanks which is controlled by PLC in control system panel. This control will ensure that when the tank is empty, grout will be pumped in to refill the tank. This tank has level sensor send signal to PLC, and this PLC will command the valve of the tank to open. When signal from level sensor is LOW and valve is open, pump will run.

The problem is, now we have an additional of another one tank, with its own valve and level sensor. But the pump remain only one for now both tanks. I am not intending to fix anything in the PLC code, since this PLC is done by supplier. I just want to make simple modification to the control circuit, where I can insert some control for the second tank as well. This means that, whenever any tank is empty, signal will be send by each level sensors to one slot of PLC (trying to integrate both signal to 1 slot of PLC so that PLC still read is as 1 tank only) and PLC also send command to any of the valve to open.

I am thinking of using relays for this, and trying to do it automatically without manual switching or pushbutton etc. We do not want to put a hose between the two tanks because say if we want to clean one tank while keeping another one working, I am afraid it can't be done.

Can you help me on how to solve this matter?

Farah Badardin

Reaction score
A few picture might help. I can't really understand what you are trying to do?

Below images are the existing control circuit for one tank.

Attachments

• B.PNG
    B.PNG
    14.3 KB · Views: 201
  • c.PNG
    c.PNG
    46.2 KB · Views: 204
  • D.PNG
    D.PNG
    47.5 KB · Views: 223
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks