Dual pressure tank distance

Users who are viewing this thread

Kennyandnorma

Reaction score
I’m in the Houston Texas area. I’m new to country living.. My well is approximately 50 yards from the house, has a pressure tank at the well site with the ground level pump. I also have a pressure tank in the garage of the house. The well pump is set to 30/50 and has been fine. Yesterday out of no where the pressure on the garage tank read between 28psi and 34 psi where it has been a constant 40-45psi. Do these tanks have to be synchronized? Is it a pressure switch issue? Help !

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Pressure will be the same in all parts of the system. Probably just a bad gauge. Having more than one pressure tank is not needed, and more than one in different locations can cause issues. "New to country living." Should look into adding a Cycle Stop Valve. Then not only will your residential water system deliver stronger than city water "constant pressure" to the showers, but you only need one small pressure tank like 4.5 gallon size.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks