Dual Bath Vanity - Water Hammer Arrestors at each vanity or...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
Water hammer occurs when you stop water quickly. Lavatory valves are hand controlled, so they seldom need water hammer arrestors.

SomeOldGuy

Reaction score
In this case, there is currently one there for cold and hot. I think the factor is that it is only about 10" from a manifold and the arrestor is there in the vent that there is sudden shut-off at some other point?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It would be unusual that a vanity sink faucet would benefit from a hammer arrestor. Some toilet fill valves stop abruptly, things like washing machines, dishwashers, ice makers, and similar devices that have solenoid valves that close quickly can cause hammers. I've seen a few shower valves that specify their use, but they're in the minority. A hammer arrestor works best when it is connected as close as possible to the offending valve that is closing quickly. WHomever installed it there, may have been trying to quiet the toilet, and having one there would have been the better choice.

Those are probably not necessary. Each situation can be different, but needing one(s) there, would be unusual.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks