dryer pipe venting

Users who are viewing this thread

dave2664

Reaction score
Laundry dryer vent is venting to garage causing sheetrock to decay and lots of lint. I would like to vent up and out to the flat roof of the gagage with a 4 inch peice of PVC. Any tips on a type/where to get a quality roof seal for the PVC pipe which will be protruding from the roof so as not to have water leak. Any help appreciated.

Dave

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Use an Oatey roof flashing that has the rubber boot made into it. There are plastic roof flashings and aluminum. I'd use aluminum ones.

You'll have to use either 2 90's as a turn down or a solvent weld trap in 3 or 4" whichever size you plan on using.

Take the vent pipe up at least 18" out of the roof, longer if steeper so lint doesn't start laying on the roof.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
You are not allowed to use PVC for a dryer vent. It must be metal. Get solid galvanized single wall duct. Do NOT use any flexible stuff. It must be smooth wall. ( Only exception is up to 6 feet at the actual connection at the dryer can be flex)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks