Drop pipe size and CSV

Users who are viewing this thread

Martin Canada

Reaction score
Hello Team,

After putting off my decision on a pump for quite awhile due to overwhelming amount of information and things to do I am at it again. Our well is 300' deep and produces 45GPM. Static water level sits around 30' to 40'. I have decided on the Grundfos 22SQE15-220. Now my question is how deep should i set the pump and what poly drop line I should use. Also what parts of the CSV should i order to have a smooth running system. For now we will run one house and a bigger garden of the pump. It might expands to another dwelling in the next years and maybe 3 houses in a few years. My thought was to set it at around 230' on a 1 1/4'' line. I wanted to ask for some feedback since it is my first project. Let me know if you need any further information and I am looking forward to your help.

Thanks guys

Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Since the well makes 45 GPM and has a static of 40', you probably don't need to set the pump any deeper than 100' or so. However, I don't know from what level it was tested at 45 GPM, so it may pull down at 22 GPM flow. Split the difference and set at 200' would probably be a good guess. If the water level pulls down lower than 150' that pump isn't really large enough anyway.

The 22SQ15 can build a max pressure of 138 PSI. So, when working with a CSV the pipe needs to be rated for at least that much. 160# poly would probably be best, even though I know a lot of people are using 125# with pumps that size. Burst pressure of pipe is usually 2-5 times the rated pressure. More important to use long barb fittings with two hose clamps than which pipe to use.

For a garden and one or two houses the PK1A with a 10 gallon size tank is all you need. But when you go to three houses it would be best to have two of those 10 gallon tanks or one 20 gallon size pressure tank.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks