Driveway

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone here can answer this, but, I don't know what to do about this problem. The top of my driveway which meets the road, is separating from the road. The road is cracking, the driveway is kind of sinking, and I am thinking this is not going to be really good for the tires. I got a feeling this is from the winter weather, but, who is responsible for fixing what? The boro or me, or both? Always something...:rolleyes:

TedL

Reaction score
Sounds like a question for your local highway dept.

In NY, legal roads are techically a min of about 40ft wide (I forget the actual #), but our town paves residential roads to about 28ft wide. Legally, they own the first 6 feet or so of "my" property, including Dway.

Cookie

Reaction score
Well, Ted if that is correct then, they should also fix the whole length of my front yard area. Through the years we have lived here, they have repeatedly paved over and over with the end result being it is alot higher than my front. Now, water has been running down into the front and into my basement. I am going to call the representative of my area, and discuss both these issues with her. I hope you are right, it would fit into the rising/cracking pavement and asphalt of my driveway. Thank you Ted.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks