driveway pitch and sewer backup and garage flooding

Users who are viewing this thread

niko23

Reaction score
i am in a duplex condo.since i am closest to the driveway i get flooding in my garage and porch and both units we had sewer backup. we had a contractor install a sump pump with alarm about 8 years ago. since then i still get flooding in garage but not as much but we the sewer gets clogged ever 2 yrs (no backup because of alarm system) and have to pay 1200 to clear it out. we had aleady paid about 20,000 plus just to put in the sump pump. are there any other options that can be done to ensure i dont get flooding in the garage and we dont have to pay to prevent sewage geting clogged every 2 yrs. i felt we were ripped off. if i sell the house no one will buy a home with flooding in the garage and they have to pay money every few years for to prevent sewer backup. would love any input anyone has that would help solve the problem.

Reach4

Reaction score
You paid $20,000 for a sump and pump for ground water? That's incredible!

I suggest that you discuss this with the city sewer department. They may have some help and/or advice.

niko23

Reaction score
You paid $20,000 for a sump and pump for ground water? That's incredible!

I suggest that you discuss this with the city sewer department. They may have some help and/or advice.
it was a little more than that that was about my share. the town would not give the permit unless the contractor indicated that in order to get a permit to do the work he had to say it was an upgrade. i am guessing if the contractor wanted the permit because it wasnt done right it would leave the town open to a lawsuit. so no help from the town.
they not only put the sump pump but dug up some of the driveway to level it but neither worked for long.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks