Dripping water filter after replacing cartridge

Users who are viewing this thread

Rman

Master mechanic
Reaction score
I have a Big Blue model 10 installed before water softener with pentek sediment cartridge. I need to change out the cartridge monthly because of sediment very fine after New well drilled 1 yr ago water tested great.
When I replace the cartridge the first time I install it leaks. I then unscrew the canister and flip the O ring and most times it works
So I bought new O rings on line and same problem occurred with dripping?? Yes I do lube up the o rings with silicone grease for water filters. I’ve now also wipe thoroughly the inside of the filter cap. Cheap o rings or am I stuck replacing the whole assembly?
Real pita with bypass valves. Thanks

Reach4

Reaction score
I’ve now also wipe thoroughly the inside of the filter cap. Cheap o rings or am I stuck replacing the whole assembly?
Your filter housing may not have been the Pentek Big Blue.

Wipe the inside of the filter cap??? Wipe what? Not silicone grease. Only the o-ring gets a light coat of silicone grease.

You may indeed have the wrong o-ring.

Supposedly you should just tighten by hand, and use the wrench to loosen. But maybe you need to snug a bit with the wrench.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks