Dripping shower head when filling tub

Users who are viewing this thread

bentaxle

Reaction score
Ill start with the basics. My shower /Tub valves are by Price Phister (replacement part # 910-374 or 910-385). There is only the two hot/Cold valves with the pull up diverter on tub filler spigot.
So the original problem was tub spigot ws dripping hot water. I then replaced the flat stem washer and the packingmater successial. No more drippy spigot but then shower head was dripping hot water when filling tub. I then replaced diverter gate washer. This did not make any difference. I was a bit skeptical before changing the washer since its only dripping when the hot water valve is opened. It will not drip with the cold valve opened. In theory its all pretty simple but this is what I'm up against. And some ask why it matters since it all ends up in the tub anyway, this problem effects the kids when taking a bath. They want to add warm water and end up getting rained on. Any suggestions?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks