Drip from fill valve where refill tube meets and rusted bolts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Ethriel

Reaction score
I just replaced the fill valve and flapper in two toilets (Cisa 6.0 Lpt/1.6gpf) that were long over due (rusted parts). Both flushmaster systems the first was the 400CR which works fine. The second was a 400AR I believe. This one I see some slow dripping from the blue clip on the fill valve where it meets the refill tube. The refill tube is on all the way. When the toilet tank refills it drips, when its filled it stops. Is this normal or is something wrong with the part? The system I put on the first toilet didn't have the blue clip on the fill valve where the refill tube meets so it had no issue. The toilet works fine and the drip stops but this is the first time I installed anything into the toilet so I have no idea what it should do. I bought both systems different days so they were out of the original I got, thus two different flushmasters.

Another question. The two bolts on the bottom of the tank, one to the left of the overflow pipe and one to the right of the flapper. Both are severely rusted. Can those be replaced easily or do I just need to start saving for a new toilet one day?

Reach4

Reaction score
The second was a 400AR I believe. This one I see some slow dripping from the blue clip on the fill valve where it meets the refill tube.
img_4.jpg
Clip like this?

Another question. The two bolts on the bottom of the tank, one to the left of the overflow pipe and one to the right of the flapper. Both are severely rusted. Can those be replaced easily or do I just need to start saving for a new toilet one day?
They sell replacement tank bolts with the gasket washers. If your existing toilet does not have a plunger nearby, it could be worth the effort to change the tank bolts. The brass ones do not rust. http://www.acehardware.com/search/i...w="tank+to+bowl"&f=Taxonomy/ACE/19541496&sr=1

Ethriel

Reaction score
View attachment 40684 Clip like this?

They sell replacement tank bolts with the gasket washers. If your existing toilet does not have a plunger nearby, it could be worth the effort to change the tank bolts. The brass ones do not rust. http://www.acehardware.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=tank to bowl&origkw="tank+to+bowl"&f=Taxonomy/ACE/19541496&sr=1

I do have those blue clips on the refill tube but those aren't dripping. It is the tiny part on the fill valve where the refill tube connects. Thank you for the bolt and gasket info. I didn't realize brass didn't rust. I will have to do that at some point soon I think. They aren't in good shape. This is the part I'm talking about for the slow drip when the tank refills.
FillValveDrip.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks