Drake - should I just shim it ? Any Ideas ?

Users who are viewing this thread

BillA

Reaction score
Just started to install the drake and it really rocked. I thought it was the floor but it is not. I turned it over to look at the bottom and it is not flat !!?

The long pieces in the back (legs for lack of a better term) are not flush with the sides and are not even with eachother ???

Is this normal ???

I am concerned I may have been sent a defective bowl, I really appreciate your input ... I want to get it installed but not if it is bad

Thanks
Bill

Sorry for the double post but I want to get this done ... any help is Greatly Appreciated

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Normally the bowl would not rock on a flat surface.

You can set the bowl over the flange without wax, just to see how it sets.
Then you will know if the wax seal is causing a problem.
Some wax with horns will prevent a bowl from dropping down far enough.

If the bowl rocks, because of ribs underneath, I haven't seen one that does, you could use shims at the back of the bowl, pinning the front of the bowl down in front.

Most of the time when there is a rocking issue, it's the floor.

fluidmaster_on_toilet.jpg

BillA

Reaction score
Thanks Terry - sending it back

I really appreciate your response and this board. I must have the 'one in a million' Toto toilet... I put the bowl on a granite counter to confirm if it was the floor or toilet. This thing is like a rocking chair ! Front and back curve up about 1/8" The ribs are uneven and not flush with the side. It rocks front to back and side to side.... Part of me wanted to shim it and get it over with but I would hope after spending $ and reading how good they are here and else where I would not have to rig it.

I think I was sent a bowl that had been returned by someone else... the box was beat up and taped but most suspiciously where the "Made in China" stamp is, was partially ground off ? an area about 3" x 5" I think I got a bowl that someone else had returned and had written 'defective' or similar

I thought I was being smart saving $50.00 buying online, now I have to go through the hassle of returning it and waiting another week!

Thanks again for your response and info

Bill

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I don't know the online guys, I sell a few thousand Toto a year, but I do it locally.
Mainly local, Los Angeles, Seattle and Anchorage.

BillA

Reaction score
I would have Happily bought it from you .... but unfortunately I'm in Fla......

Thanks again

Bill

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks