Drake options

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
The Toto website lists several "Drake" toilet options-insulated tank, bolt down, CEFIONTECT. Could someone clarify these options for me-necessary, not necessary? Also saw a one piece model-"Lloyd"-is anyone familiar with this model?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Drake does have a CEFIONTECT version, a much smoother glaze that cleans easier.

"CEFIONTECT is a toilet glazing that helps keep the toilet bowl clean for a lifetime. CEFIONTECT glazing seals the toilet bowl with an ionized barrier, creating a super smooth surface. This non-porous surface helps prevent particles from adhering to ceramic, while the catalyzed ion barrier actually repels particles away."
Totousa.com

They also have the insulated tank option. I've mainly sold those to homeowners with cold well water.

Since the new toilets use only part of the water in the tank, sweating hasn't been an issue.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No, I haven't had any toilet sweating-so I probably don't need an insulated tank. What is a "bolt" option? Does the CEFIONTECT finish require special handling when cleaning? Thanks!

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Bolt down lids are used in some public places to prevent damage by mean people.

Don't use powder and abrasives with CEFIONTECT, liquid cleaners should be fine.
The idea is to maintain the smooth finish.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks