Drake II or Kohler Cimarron

Users who are viewing this thread

DinoM

Reaction score
Need a toilet for a small bathroom remodel. Bathroom is about 50 sq ft, and only about 5 ft wide. Trying to find a toilet that wouldn't come out too far into the room has been a challenge. I'm going to have have a round bowl rather than elongated. The best two options I've found are the TOTO Drake II and the Kohler Cimarron in round bowls. The Drake is 26 1/2" deep and the Kohler is 27 1/4" deep (have a 12" rough-in).

I would prefer the TOTO, but availability is an issue. Last time I checked, and haven't checked recently, but it was going to take nearly 12 weeks for the plumbing supply place to get one in. Is the TOTO that much better that it would be worth putting things off until I could get one, or would the Kohler work just as well? I don't think the 3/4" difference in length would be a problem. It would be replacing a 1950 American Standard that uses about 7 gpf. The size limitations have really limited my choices.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I give the edge to the Drake II but the Cimarron would work for you too. Twelve weeks is a long time to wait.

For those wondering what the new Drake dual flush looks like, here is some video.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks