Drake II finish question

Users who are viewing this thread

TyWebb3

Reaction score
I purchased a Drake II from my local plumbing supply yesterday and pulled it out of the box today for install. I noticed that all outer surfaces (top and sides) were glazed/finished nice and evenly in white. However as soon as you got to the surfaces in the actual bowl below the top flat portion of the base the finish appears to be speckled if you look closely. If I had to compare it to something it looks like someone sprayed the first coat of paint and then didn't go back and put the 2nd, etc coats on to get a nice even finish. It is all glazed and shiney but thought the white finish would have been consistent from the outer surfaces to the bowl? Is this normal and just how a sanigloss bowl is supposed to look or should I be contacting the plumbing supply house for a replacement?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If this is in the outlet, it may be normal. Toto has found that a slightly rough surface means things like toilet paper can be swept away easier since it doesn't plaster itself to the smooth surface. Hard to say without seeing it.

TyWebb3

Reaction score
If this is in the outlet, it may be normal. Toto has found that a slightly rough surface means things like toilet paper can be swept away easier since it doesn't plaster itself to the smooth surface. Hard to say without seeing it.

TyWebb3

Reaction score
The difference in glazing color is in the overall bowl area. As you mentioned the outlet is not glazed at all.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks