Drake I vs. Drake II

Users who are viewing this thread

Beski

Reaction score
I have done a Search, but still don't have the exact info I need !!

We had the Drake I at our former house and were Very Happy, so I don't want to go "Down" in Flush Quality. I now need 3 New Toto Toilets and I am still trying to figure out which of these Drakes has the "Best Flush" and if I should now consider the Drake II?

So if the Price on the Drake I was the SAME as the Drake II, and I didn't care about 1.6 GPF vs. 1.28 GPF, which will provide the Best Flush ?

From the posts I read, I have concluded that there is NO "Noticeable" DIFFERENCE between the Drake I and Drake II and I just want to be sure this is True ?

In most cases the Newer Model is "New & Improved" so is that the case with the Drake II ?

Thanks & Happy New Year !!
Tom

Last edited:

stephenk

Reaction score
The regular Drake has a 1,000g map rating, while the Drake II has an 800g map rating. The Drake II uses a different bowl wash system, too. The II has the Double Cyclone flushing system. It uses two large vents that release water, instead of a series of holes under the rim like most standard toilets use.

This video shows a different model, but it has the same Double Cyclone flushing system used in the Drake II.

How happy were you with the bowl wash on the regular Drake?

I've had the Drake II for about a month, and I haven't been super satisfied with the bowl wash compared to some other low-flow toilets I've used. But, the other ones I've used were 1.6 gpf units. I don't know how the bowl wash on the Drake II compares to some other 1.28 gpf toilets. It does flush very well, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beski

Reaction score
Thanks for the Fast Reply !!

We have been "Plunging" 5 out of 7 Days for the past few months, so at this point "Flush" has become Very Important !!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Drake II has been a good bowl for me. The Vespin II uses the same tank, and virtually the same bowl but skirted.
If you need more rinse, just hold the handle down instead of doing the quick release.

Advantage of the Drake II would be
CEFIONTECT
Tall bowl
No rim to clean under

Beski

Reaction score
Thanks Terry !!

I guess those are some good advantages !! Just called the local Supply House and they have 25 in stock, so probably buying my Christmas Presents tomorrow !!

Tom

stephenk

Reaction score
My Drake II does have a rim you have to clean under, but by the design part of it is easier to clean than the rim on a regular toilet.

If I had to do it over again I still might choose the Drake II over the regular Drake. The Double Cyclone is a unique design that I like. And, my Drake II is made in the USA, which is worth a price premium to me.

I just poked around on the Toto website. You can get CEFIONTECT and ADA height on the regular Drake, but it looks like you can't get both ADA height and CEFIONTECT together unless you step up to the Drake II.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks