Drake 776 height with commercial style seat to be ADA compliant?

Users who are viewing this thread

Director

Reaction score
Our library is replacing a 50 year old toilet in a public, single person bathroom that get daily use (5-15 visits/day 6 days week). We pay for water so GPF is a concern but not the driving factor as it would be in some areas of the country.
Unlike some private homes that can clean as needed, this public toilet will only be cleaned 1x/week so consistent cleaning with each flush is important. We have narrowed our replacement choice to the 2 part Drake 776 ( I believe this is the 2021 version) 1.6gpf with the universal height of 16 1/8" w/o seat. (washlet style is not an option for us)
Because this is a public install, we want an ADA compliant unit (not just Universal height) that measures a minimum of 17" to top of the seat. Does anyone know if Toto offers an open/split front commercial style seat (with lid) to fit this Drake model ? And, if they do, when it's installed will it meet the ADA requirement of 17"? I can't find this style on the Toto website.
Our NH based supplier has quoted a seat "Tlt St Ofwc Pls Wht F /comm Top-Tite" with a descriptor # 4530431Z but I think this is their in-house inventory number and description so can't locate a spec sheet online to get measurements or to see if it comes from Toto.
Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide - like so many posters here, the information on this site has been tremendously helpful and much appreciated.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score

gerber-mx-21-418-spec.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The CST776CEFG and CST776CSFG will be ADA compliant with the seat installed. Even the 1.28 gives you a good flush rating of 1,000 grams on the MaP testing.
Tanks can have either standard left hand trip levers, or optional right hand levers.
The bowl finish on these is very good, and the swirl rinse helps to keep them clean. They are a very good choice I believe. The trapway design is also very good, with it's long sweeps and how it points waste down the drain. I like these much better than the Gerber products.

index.php

index.php

index.php

Last edited:

Director

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies. This forum has taught me more about plumbing then I could ever have imagined! (Who knew that the ADA Drake simply means a right hand lever option while the Universal height Drake is simply the standard left hand lever option?!!) : )
Our Drake 1.6gpf arrives this week. I had a number of people (including someone from TOTO) confirm the "more water =cleaner bowl" adage so opted for that over the 1.28gpf with hopes that it proves true and that the trap size and trapway angles prove adequate for the wide variety of users that will use this public install. Also, confirmed what Terry said that the seat height will meet the 17" requirement. So for now, it's all good. Thanks again!

Director

Reaction score
Yes. The Toto rep explained that in their listings the difference between the Universal height Drake and the ADA Drake was that the handle could be on the right side with and ADA tank if it is required. My understanding was that all Universal Drakes come only with a left side handle so they can't be considered fully ADA compliant even though other specs would fit the ADA paremeters.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The C776CEG bowl is 15-1/8" high, standard height
The C776CEFG bowl is 16-1/8" high, considered universal and/or ADA
Left hand tanks can be 1.6 and 1.28
Right hand tanks only for 1.28, ST776EAR

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks