Drainage and Venting for New Bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

grimspyder

Reaction score
Plumbing roughin.jpg I'm new to the forum so id like to say,
Whats UP!!
Since im trying to add another bathroom to the house i just bought (YEA!!) I have few questions. Im hoping that someone here will be able to tell me if what im thinking is possible or if I'm stupid. View attachment 30122
Either way;
So i bought this house 3 Bedroom 1 bath. Which i have already added another room. So the next thing is a another bathroom. I trying to turn the laundry room into the new bathroom.
The house has a crawl space so all of the plumbing can be placed below the floor, so at least that part will be easy. Now I'm not sure about the drain vent.
  1. Can I run a 3" waste pipe from the new toilet to the existing 3" waste pipe that goes to the septic tank. Then just connect the Sink and the tub drains to the new 3" waste pipe. And let the existing 3" vent pipe do all of the venting.
  2. Run a 3" waste pipe from the new toilet to the existing waste pipe (goes to septic) and place a 3" vent about 8' from toilet. Then connect the Sink and the tub drains to the new 3" waste pipe
  3. Do something else. Have no clue.
I added a simple diagram of the #2 option. I know it does not show the any details such as P-trap, tee's, etc.. I just wanted to know. Can i do this and will it pass NC Code inspection.

Last edited:

minus08

Reaction score
The 2" drain from the proposed shower and proposed tub need vents in them before they enter that 3" line.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks