drain / vent help

Users who are viewing this thread

Robby

Reaction score
We recently installed a new sink, drain, and vent as shown in the drawing. The new drain goes into the 3†drain, the new 1.5†vent into existing 2†vent at 6’ above the ground. That vent extends all the way through the roof with nothing else attached.

On the opposite side of this room, the old sink location had the T removed at cabinet and the vent and drain tied together. There is also a tub on this side of the room. The tub vent and the “old†sink vent go out the roof together as one 2†vent.

On the complete other end of the house upstairs, there is a bathroom. Those vents are not at all connected to the vents in the downstairs bath where we relocated the sink. However, the drains are.

I know have two things going on that don’t make since. The toilet in the drawing has a “bubble†come up when you flush it. It did not do this when we first installed it. Is the new sink drain / vent correct?

Is it possible that by adding this new sink vent / drain downstairs, the upstairs bathroom toilet and sink do not drain correctly? This also did not happen immediately. I just don’t see how these could possible be connected to the new sink. I guess it could be coincidence.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

drainvent.jpg

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Just offhand I would expect there to be a blockage or back pitch of the 3" horizontal.

lbright

Reaction score
upstairs neighbors laundry backs into kitchen sink

I have a question that may or may not pertain to this forum. I live in an apartment, when my upstairs neighbor does her laundry it backs up into my sink. Now it also has a nasty order to it. when the maintenance people come to "fix" it they snake the drain. This only fixes it for about 3 months or so. what can or should I do?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks