Drain to Laundry is leaking sewer gas smell

Users who are viewing this thread

Jefehebes

Reaction score
Hi All, cannot figure this one out. I know there has been similar posts.

I have a split level home, Laundry machine is on the bottom floor, plumbing is in the crawl space.

When I start the laundry, the sewer smell starts building from the drain hose. It takes about 30 seconds then slowly starts building more and more. This only happens with the laundry.
I attached a picture of my plumbing and a picture of the P trap.
I think, by the end of the cycle the gas smell stops coming and it starts to dissipate, kind of hard to tell.

I have tried pouring a bunch of water down the drain before starting the laundry, that didnt work.
I climbed on my roof and looked down the vent, I could only see so far but I didnt see any clogs.

Is it the trap? Vent? Washer?
Can anyone help me on this, Its driving me crazy?

Jeff

Attachments

• 20170605_172357.jpg
    20170605_172357.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 326
  • 20170605_172418.jpg
    20170605_172418.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 317

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You look to have it plumbed right. I match over the standpipe would perhaps tell you if the trap was dry and allowing wind coming up the pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks