Drain routing in bathroom remodel

Users who are viewing this thread

Seaofnames

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.boilermakers359.org
Of course it is. Its not very far away, and you are using 2". Just maintain proper pitch and your are set. Make sure to drill a hole in the middle of the 2x4 and tie off the pipe to each stud so it isnt gonna move! I know its a bit overkill to support the pipe on each stud but its just something I'd do personally in my own house with all pipe.

Another quick one...make sure you dont drill the hole too big!! you dont have a lot of stud to work with...cut too much and that stud is basically useless.

austintx

Reaction score
Howdy everyone!

I finally have been able to get my drain lines laid! I haven't glued them up yet, but wanted to get yall's opinion before I do. Starting from the right, that is the 2" wet vent that will come from the vanity, it then increases to a 3" right as the 2" drain and p-trap from the shower connect. The 3" then connects to a 4" long sweep that connects to the closet flange, then exits the house as a 4". It all slopes at about 3/4" per foot.

Attachments

• DSC05416 small.jpg
    DSC05416 small.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 556

austintx

Reaction score
One other thing, is it ok if the vertical stacks aren't perfectly vertical? I tried to keep them perfectly vertical, but that was almost impossible to do and have the horizontal lines maintain the proper pitch. They aren't off by much, I doubt you would know unless you have a level on them. Thanks!

austintx

Reaction score
OK finally got it all glued up. I haven't put my horizontal run over to the vanity yet or connected the vent up through the roof, but this is everything that will be under the slab. Any comments/concerns before I fill this in and pour concrete?

Attachments

• DSC05530s.jpg
    DSC05530s.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 354
  • DSC05531s.jpg
    DSC05531s.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 319
  • DSC05532s.jpg
    DSC05532s.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 307

austintx

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry to come off as grubbing for free advice, but I really would like to get a nod of approval/disapproval before I pour concrete. I had to cut through the slab once and I sure don't want to do it again to fix something I messed up on the first time. Do yall think what I have done so far will work?
Thanks!
Austin

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks