Drain line under slab location

Users who are viewing this thread

Shawnv92

Reaction score
I am in the process of converting a laundry closet area to a second bathroom, The house is built on slab, and the existing bathroom is in a fairly good condition, so I don't want to break it to tie into the existing line. There is a bedroom adjoining the existing bathroom in the direction of the drain line, and the bedroom closet seems like a best candidate location to dig and tie into existing drain. See the attached image for a crude drawing of the layout

However I am not sure of the exact location of the drain line. My question is, if I trace a straight line from my WC to cleanout, is it safe to assume the WC drain would follow this path, or could there be funkier layouts? The house has a shared wall with the neighbor, but we have individual sewer connections and cleanouts. I am trying to avoid a situation where I dig where I think the drain line would be running only to find it not there due to some turns or something.

Attachments

• drainlayout.png
    drainlayout.png
    50.8 KB · Views: 114
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks