Drain is too low for lavatory

Users who are viewing this thread

Thomas Vido

Reaction score
I upgraded my bathroom vanity. The trap arm comes out of the sani tee about 6 inches lower than what is needed for my vanity.
My question in can you raise the trap arm with 45s or 90s? Our do I have top CIT the sani tee out and raise it?
I posted a pic with a rough drawing of what I am saying. Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200516-220910_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200516-220910_Gallery.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 230

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You have to cut out the santee and raise it. The trap arm can come out with a 2% rise or 1/4" per foot.
If you raise it with any fittings at all it no longer works.

lav_rough_1.jpg

double_lav_rough_1.jpg

double_lav_right_side_5.jpg

Last edited:

Thomas Vido

Reaction score
You have to cut out the santee and raise it. The trap arm can come out with a 2% rise or 1/4" per foot.

lav_rough_1.jpg
Thank you. I woke up this morning and cut out the sani tee. I'd rather not take the chance.
My vanity is also split with drain that are 35 in apart. Can I tee my drains to one p trap? Thanks again

Thomas Vido

Reaction score
Keep the arm at the current height and use a trap like this. Use 1-1/2" pipe to raise the trap adapter to the height needed. The link is for a 1-1/4" adapter.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/NIBCO-1-1-2-in-PVC-DWV-Hub-x-Hub-P-Trap-C4895HD112/100344844
https://www.homedepot.com/p/NIBCO-1...ub-x-SJ-Trap-Adapter-C48017HD112114/100348180

View attachment 62698
Thank you. I would have done that, but the p trap would interfere with the bottom of the vanity. I need the trap arm from the vent to be higher. That was a solution for some though.

Thomas Vido

Reaction score

lav_rough_1.jpg

Attachments

• 20200517_200619.jpg
    20200517_200619.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 201

Gagecalman

Reaction score
"My vanity is also split with drains that are 35 in apart. Can I tee my drains to one p trap? Thanks again"

I don't think anyone saw this. You should've run two separate drains and added a vent.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks