Drain for a shower. P-trap at 90deg from flow direction?

Users who are viewing this thread

rogerius

Reaction score
Appreciate any suggestion to this. I'm working to connect the drain/vent from our new shower to the rest of the system and unfortunately the joist are quite close. Looking at the picture below I planning to install the p-trap rotated at 90 deg from the direction of flow. Any potential issue later one or comments from inspector? Any other concern? Thank you.
Shower drain.jpg

rogerius

Reaction score
I realized that, but can be a potential spot to clog the pipe? Has a higher risk? Not experience, that is the reason why I ask :)

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Your inspector will accept it, if it's glued properly and not leaking.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The p-trap could be at nearly 180-degrees and still function fine...they are designed to be able to swivel at whatever angle that is needed to make the connection. Once the waste is out of the p-trap, as long as the vent, changes of direction, and slope are done properly, it will work fine.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks