Drain flies under house- Help!!

Users who are viewing this thread

fly slayer

Reaction score
I had a waste pipe (thank goodness not a sewage pipe, but only from my kitchen sink and dishwasher) break under my house. Floor boards were ripped up in one room and a swarm of drain flies emerged. I was told that by fixing the pipe, and leaving the floor boards open for a few days, the ground/sand would dry and make the environment no longer good breading ground for the flies. I have poured bleach down each of the openings- a bit daily. I have fans positioned down into the holes and a 65 pint dehumidifier producing two filled tanks of water daily. But I still have flies!!! Usually I see about 10 live ones on the walls and about 50-100 dead ones on the floors daily. It is better than a swarm, but ... ug!!

I have purchased InVade, but instructions seem to be limited to the pipes alone. Can I use it under the house??? If so, how??

Besides ripping up the rest of the house, what should I be doing??

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks