Drain Diagram

Users who are viewing this thread

Pss3757

Reaction score
Can someone check my work. Doing a small under slab drain project for my shop before the concrete is poured next week. Licensed plumber not required in Louisiana if doing on my property/ primary residence.
My knowledge base is above average in plumbing. Please check my work and give suggestions / comments.

- Wc 3” into main 3” sewer line. With 3” vent between wc and main line. The 3” vent stack will be situated within the wall enclosure, 12.5” from closet flange center.
- 3” from wc going into main with either a wye/clean out or just a 45
- the 3” vent may later be used as a wet vent if I choose to add a lav nearby.
- 2” shower drain, line, going into 3” main using 45 and wye
- in the wall (on left) will be a 2” drain line / wet vent (for any future lav that may come later), going to the 3” main connecting with 45 and wye.

Diagram pic from above.
1/4 rise on 2” lines…. 1/8” rise on the 3” lines.

Thanks

Attachments

• 400CC07B-CE7E-46F6-8ECF-E15FAB712F78.jpeg
    400CC07B-CE7E-46F6-8ECF-E15FAB712F78.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 122

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think many would prefer to see 1/4" slope on the 3" lines if possible, but the IPC does allow 1/8".

As long as you don't have anything draining in from the right, the layout is good. The WC dry vent is wet venting the shower, which is why no non-bathroom fixtures can drain in from the right. The shower trap arm, from the trap to the wye to the 3" line, is limited to 2" in fall, which implies at most 8' in length if the slope is a perfect 1/4" per foot.

Cheers, Wayne

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Dont know if your code wants a clean out at end of line 3 inch vent be good place

Pss3757

Reaction score
Thanks. As far as clean outs go…can I put one in the 3” vent by the WC….or just outside the slab where the house drain meets the sewer line… or does it matter. Does it have to be 3”…was thinking of doing toilet vent in 2”

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks